Foundations Experience - The Content
All of the content below is presented in a fun and exhilarating way. Cool cognitive techniques are paired with specific group games and challenges which really help to a) accelerate learning b) cement the information and c) provide a stimulating and inspired atmosphere.
Pitch (Nature's Influence)
- The Harmonic Series - how it works and how it affects our music writing
- The fundamental concepts of music and how it is put together
- Painting with Sound
- Looking at a Visual versus Aural Aspect
- Intervals - Why, What, How and Where!
- Ear Training Tips
- Develop a better perception of pitch
Mat made me think in a totally different way about how to make music on a computer (out of the matrix editor and back onto the keyboard). I can’t recommend this course enough.Ed Thaw
Scales (History, Theory and Practicality)
- Scales and their step patterns - a global outlook from traditional western scales to exotic eastern scales
- you will be able to play the most important scales anywhere on a piano/keyboard
- you will be able to work out the modes of the major scale anywhere on the keyboard
- you will understand the individual characteristics of scales and modes, their cultural background and suitability for creating specific styles of music
- you will learn about relative scales and parallel keys
- you will learn proper keyboard technique and fingering patterns
- you will learn the three steps for efficient practice and fast progress including how to use scale mapping
- The 5 most important scales in song-writing
Mat is a genius. He inspired me to not give up on learning how to play. I have never learned how to play any instrument but this gave me a kick in the right direction. Thank you for the inspiration and good luck in the future. Best regards, FranciscoFrancisco Ulloa
Chords (History, Theory and Practicality)
- Drones, Dyads and Triads - a build up to Tertian Harmony
- you will be able to play all four triads in any key
- you will be able to play inversions of all triads in any key anywhere on the keyboard
- Extending triads - The important 7th chords
- Added chords - Adding colour to triads and 7th chords
- Extending triads - 9th, 11th and 13th chords
- you will be able to build wonderful harmonic colours in any key
- Easy voicing techniques - from close to open - changing root perception - doubling
- you will be able to create many different versions of the same chord
- Slash chords and Sus chords
- Arpeggios and creative chord use
- Music terminology - symbols and naming rights!
Very intensive but well worth it. Great teaching explained in a dynamic and engaging way.Alan Cross
Rhythm (Playing With Time)
- Effective Rhythm Training - Beat Boxes
- you will be able to create cool rhythmic patterns suitable for many different purposes
- Time Signatures
- you will understand how time signatures work
- you will understand the function of different tempo related topics
- Basic Notation
- you will have a clear understanding of the stave, treble and bass clefs and pitch positions
What Else? (There's More!)
- You will be taught an Efficient Practice Plan
- You will be able to formulate a clear path ahead incorporating an action plan of what you must do to progress
What can you expect after the experience?
- To really enjoy your music learning as you will have a solid foundation on which to build
- To SMILE BROADLY knowing that you have learned a lot in a very short space of time AND IT ALL MAKES TOTAL SENSE
All of THIS in ONE day? Will I be able to take it in?
Yes, Absolutely! You will LEARN A LOT because Mat's UNIQUE APPROACH TO LEARNING is underlined by very SIMPLE FORMULAS that EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND.
Want to go even further?
The Foundations Experience serves as a fantastic base from which you can launch forward at great speed. If you really want the ultimate in inspirational continued learning resources to keep that fire burning after the experience, then order the Hotwired Music Production Pack prior to the experience and receive a 20% discount.Find out more!